Dr Andriy TYUSHKA
Research Fellow, European Neighbourhood Policy Chair
Dr Andriy Tyushka joined the ENP Chair at the College of Europe anew as a Research Fellow in November 2016, having previously held a Post-Doctoral Fellowship position with the Chair in 2014. He is also a member of the Strategic Partnerships Group (spg.umk.pl) at the Nicolaus Copernicus University of Toruń (Poland) and an editor of the Polish-Studies.Interdisciplinary online platform (pol-int.org) run by the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt/Oder (Germany).
Prior to joining the College of Europe, Dr Andriy Tyushka held research and teaching positions in Spain (University of Deusto), Germany (German-French Institute in Ludwigsburg), and, most recently, Estonia (Baltic Defence College), where in 2016 he was awarded the BALTDEFCOL Service Cross for outstanding service. He was also a research fellow in the Department of International Relations and Diplomacy at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv (Ukraine), where he obtained his M.A. and Ph.D. (C.Sc.) in International Relations and World Politics. He also holds advanced postgraduate degrees in Constitutional Law (University of Lviv), and International Relations and European Integration (Estonian School of Diplomacy).
Dr Tyushka’s research focuses primarily on (Eastern) European security (Ukraine, Poland, Russia); the EU’s (Eastern) neighbourhood, foreign and security policy, including the EU association agreements and structural power in the neighbourhood; Franco-German European politics; constitutional studies (Ukraine, EU); and strategic narratives and partnerships in international relations.
He published among others in European View, Journal of Contemporary Central and Eastern Europe, Baltic Journal of European Studies, Romanian Journal of European Affairs, Modern Ukrainian Politics, Political Management, and Law Journal (Kyiv). He also authors the Ukrainian translation of the German volume ‘Europe from A to Z: A Guide to European Integration’ (edited by W. Weidenfeld and W. Wessels; Nomos, 10th ed. 2007), and he co-authored the first Ukrainian ‘Handbook on International Organizations’ (edited by O. Kuchyk; Znannia, 1st ed. 2005, 497 p.; 2nd ed. 2007, 749 p.).
His latest publications include:
- Tyushka, A. (2016). Building the Neighbours: EU’s New Association Agreements and Structural Power in the Eastern Neighbourhood. Journal of Contemporary Central and Eastern Europe, 24(2), DOI: 10.1080/0965156X.2016.1219163.
- Tyushka, A. (2016). From Constitutional Volatility to Constitutional Stability: Any Chance to Reconcile Constitutionalism and Power Struggle in Ukraine? Historia i Polityka, 16(23): 57-71.
- Tyushka, A. (2015). Trust, Truth, and Truce Trapped in Hybridity of Modern Inter-State Conflicts: An Early Assessment of the Russo-Western Proxy War in Ukraine. The Copernicus Journal of Political Studies, 7(1): 7-29.
- Tyushka, A. (2015). Association through Approximation: Procedural Law and Politics of Legislative and Regulatory Approximation in the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement. Baltic Journal of European Studies, 5(1): 56-72.
- Tyushka, A. (2015). Empowered to Deliver: The Institutional Model and Implementation Arrangements under the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement. Romanian Journal of European Affairs, 15(1): 5-22.
- Tyushka, A. (2014). A Liberationist Constitution? Maidan’s Revolutionary Agenda and Challenges for Constitutional Reform in Ukraine. European View, 13(1): 21-28.
Get in touch
+48 22 54 59 466
ul. Nowoursynowska 84, PL-02-797 Warszawa | Rectorate, room 102b